logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Shadowhunt3r  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 12:51:49 PM(UTC)
Shadowhunt3r

Groups: Member
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hallo, aangzien er hier lekker veel gepost wordt, mag ik hier niet aan ontbreken. Op een engelstalig forum (the warhammer forum) is het de gewoonte om blogs over het samenstellen van een leger bij te houden, en om schilderwedstrijden te houden.

Ik zal vanaf vandaag dan ook mijn posts van daar naar hier kopiëren. (Ik heb helaas niet voldoende tijd om ze nog eens te vertalen)

02/02/07

Hello, my name is Kristof and I'm going to start a blog (how original... :p)

First some general info:
I live in Belgium and I have been playing/collecting warhammer for about 3 years. I already have a reasonable Orcs and Goblins army, that you can see here. This time I'm going to collect the good guys, a heroic Bretonnian army. Why Bretonnia? I like the models, the rules and the fluff, and best of all, I got them really cheap :)

Almost all the models are second-handed, this way I have collected almost all the models I need for 25% of the GW price. First I'm going to try to finish a 2000 point force, after that, if I'm still sane, I can paint some extra units.

My 2k army will look a little bit like this:

-characters: lord, bsb, paladin, scroll caddy
-core: big unit KOTR (with mane of the purebred), small unit KOTR, big unit KE (with errantry banner), 2 units of archers, and maybe 1 unit of m@arms.
-special: 1 unit PK, 1 unit of yeomen
-rare: 1 unit grail knights (small)

The thing I find the most important is the painting and modelling, I'm planning the following:

-all knights will have different colours, this because I think the knights come from different dukedoms to join a big crusade. I hope bye using neutral colours for the horses and bases that I can still hold the army together.
-I'm going to try to add some conversions, but not on every model. But I will add some random bits and iconography from the magnificent plastic sets.
-Afterwards, I might try to make some little unit fillers for some new m@arms and add some little details to all the bases (maybe even snow)
-I don't have that much free time so this will be a slow blog. But I think I can update this with new pictures every week.

Why a blog?
To motivate myself (painting heraldry is very time consuming), to learn from the great painters that lurk here, and to improve my English and website skills.

You can see what I have already finished here

The things I'm working at right now:
UserPostedImage
2 KOTR and a paladin.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
4 of the 8 KE I already painted.

The things I'm painting right now are those 2 KOTR and a paladin, and a peasant for the painting competition. After that I have 8 KE's planned, these will get less complex heraldry (like crosses, stars, lines..)
Offline Shadowhunt3r  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 12:52:16 PM(UTC)
Shadowhunt3r

Man

Well I have finished 3 knights, and almost completed my painting challenge peasant. But it's to dark and cold to take decent pictures outside now.
Because I'm on vacation for 3 days, you will have to wait till monday for the pics. In the meantime: here some pictures of my working place.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Yes this pile of plastic will become an army!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
A beastman 'side project' :wink:
Offline Shadowhunt3r  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 12:52:43 PM(UTC)
Shadowhunt3r

Man

12/02/07

Well I'm back, and had the chance to take some pics.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Paladin, a great model, but it's a shame that great weapons are useless now on mounts.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Regimental standard bearer.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
a KOTR

And this smelly peasant is my painting comp entry, I only need to get some better pics to show you the detail. All comments are welcome.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
It was quite hard to do, because this is my first model using mud or rust effects.
Offline Shadowhunt3r  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 12:53:04 PM(UTC)
Shadowhunt3r

Man

18/02/07

Update time:
I have finished my KE with added facial hair and the champion.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

I have also completed my painting competition entry.
UserPostedImage

I'm kinda proud of him, because it's the first time I used mud and rust effects. Because the theme was realism, I based everything on real life objects.
The blue working jacket looks like the one of my grandfather,. The tools are based on actual tools, where the edges are still clean because the layer of rust there gets off thanks to heavy usage.

Next up are 5 more knights, I already did the basecolors on the barding:
UserPostedImage
Offline Shadowhunt3r  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 12:53:39 PM(UTC)
Shadowhunt3r

Man

"DenDeef" wrote:
indeed gewaldig... link naar de blog?

http://warhammer.org.uk/PhP/viewtopic.php?t=25600

Hier zitten ook een aantal supergoede schilders, die echt prachtige dingen maken, als je tijd hebt moet je maar eens naar wat van die hun blogjes/posts zoeken (bane, mika, oldfogey, [fiend])
Offline Shadowhunt3r  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 12:53:59 PM(UTC)
Shadowhunt3r

Man

24/02/07

I'm later then promised but some real life things kept me busy. But I have finished the whole unit of KE now.
The new ones:
UserPostedImage
The whole unit
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
All the Knights
UserPostedImage

And finally, some boar boys of mine that I rebased:
UserPostedImage

Next is the general (because of the painting challenge). I'm thinking of using a pegasus body to make him more imposing.
Offline Shadowhunt3r  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 12:54:52 PM(UTC)
Shadowhunt3r

Man

"wiz" wrote:
sweet !

hoe zit dat met die kleuren en de heraldiek ? klopt die met de fluff van GW of heb je gewoon je inspiratie gevolgd? Ik heb trouwens een nieuwe sourcebook van WFRP over bretonnia, als je daar eens in wilt snollen pak ik die wel eens mee.

hoedanook, de modellen zien er gelikt uit ! :)

Dankje!!

De heraldiek heb ik gewoon random aangebracht (ik gebruik combinaties van de basiskleuren + zwart en wit + groen)
De knight errants zijn minder ervaren en die geef ik dan enkel kleuren, de knights of the realm hebben een 'logo' of speciale afbeelding verdient

Over de fluff van GW ken ik niet veel, maar ik heb mij voor sommige kleurencombinaties wel op de foto's in het armybook geinspireerd.

Dat boek wil ik zeer zeker wel eens bekijken, maar ik ben nog niet zeker of ik deze donderdag kan komen.
Offline Shadowhunt3r  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 12:55:11 PM(UTC)
Shadowhunt3r

Man

03/03/07

Time for a weekly update. I haven't had much time to paint, but I have been able to finish converting the general and the squires.

I'm planning to enter this one in the painting competition.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

These squires are black-tree miniatures.
UserPostedImage

A musician and the last batch of KOTR, notice the 5th edition helmets.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Shadowhunt3r  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 12:57:22 PM(UTC)
Shadowhunt3r

Man

29/08/07

Well this blog seemed dead, but I'm still alive!
Let's begin with some excuses: vacation, schoolproject, exams, vacation, work and world of warcraft. :roll:
I did manage to paint some brets (and dwarfs) but I never found time to take pics and update the site.

But look, new pics! :8)

The first batch of men @ arms.
UserPostedImage

Mounted squires, converted from black tree miniatures (wip pictures can be found in the previous blog-entry)
UserPostedImage

The beautiful damsel
UserPostedImage

And my converted general
UserPostedImage

Now this will be the last bunch of brets for a while, because I have to go work again, and have to finish about 40 greenskins for a club-event. Not really smart to keep calling this a 'blog', but you'll have to live with it. :)
Offline Shadowhunt3r  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 12:58:31 PM(UTC)
Shadowhunt3r

Man

Zo ik heb de blog overgezet en geupdate.
Het gaat nog even duren voordat er iets nieuw op komt, want als ik terugkom van athene is het tijd voor: 40k!